An Organic Check-off would provide research and offer tools for farmers to encourage them to go organic and be more successful in their businesses. Now on our end, it will work to educate us about what the organic seal is all about and why we need to eat organic. I see so many benefits from this program!
What is the purpose of the Organic Check-off? An Organic Check-off program would generate money for the organic sector to:
• Educate consumers about what organically is and its benefits
• Distinguish organic from lesser claims and unregulated seals like “natural.”
• Confirm the science behind the environmental and public health benefits of organic
• Undertake research to solve problems such as invasive pests and weed control
• Bring new farmers into organic production through information and technical assistance
• Reduce the supply crunch by transitioning farmland to organic farming across the U.S.