Roller Coaster of Being a Writer by Joanna Penn
I hate writing. It’s so hard to force myself to sit and type words that are a load of crap anyway.
· - I love writing. Some days I can get into a flow state and the words come effortlessly onto the page, and they’re actually pretty good! I love creating something from just my brain. It’s the best life in the world.
My mind is completely empty. I will never have another idea.
· - Trust emergence. Something will come out of the milieu of this crazy, buzzing world.
Write to live: I need to write something that will sell so I can pay the bills.
· - Live to write. I’m happy to make money with a day job so I can write the best book I can write, without fear of earning income.
I love connecting with my readers and fans. I love reading reviews and getting emails from people who enjoy my books.
· - I’m afraid of criticism. I hate the one star reviews. They make me want to give up every day. Sometimes I wonder if it would be best if no one even read my work, because then no one would attack me.
I want an agent and a publisher so that I will feel validated as a writer.
· - Number of books sold and money in my bank account, as well as happy readers, are all the validation I need as a writer.
I want to see my book for sale in the local bookstore so that my family and friends will understand what the hell I do all day.
· - I want to sell ebooks in 150 countries worldwide because in that way I will reach far more people than my local bookstore ever can.
I want a movie deal and a seven figure advance and global adoration and JK Rowling-like success.
· - I just want to sit in my writing hut and be quiet and stay away from the crowds, and think and write, and be happy.
I want people to like me and accept me and think I’m a nice person.
· - I will not self-censor. I will write my dark truth.
To read the full article go HERE.