Monash University NuGO's 24th partner organisation
As of 1st January 2016 Monash University, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Victoria, Australia is NuGO's 24th member organisation. Head of the Department is Prof Helen Truby. NuGO's contact person will be Chiara Murga (former employed at CRA-NUT).
Four grants awarded for the course "Introduction to Nutritional Metabolomics" in Denmark
NuGO awarded 4 grants to cover the admission fee and accommodation for the course: Introduction to Nutritional Metabolomics, 8-11th February 2016 to:
* Anne Geijsen, supervisor Prof Ellen Kampman, Wageningen University, NL
* Mirella Kalafati, supervisor Prof Chris Evelo, Maastricht University, NL
* Bastian Kochlik, supervisor Prof Tilman Grune, German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam-Rehbrücke, DE
* Charlotte Michielsen, supervisor Prof Edith Feskens, Wageningen University, NL
Course "Personalised Nutrition: from scientific discovery to interventions
As announced in our 3rd Newsletter a short course on "Personalised Nutrition: from scientific discovery to interventions" will be organised from 5-7th July 2016 at Newcastle University.
The aims of this course are:
* To provide a rationale for the development and implementation of personalised nutrition interventions to improve public health:
* To provide examples of the scientific discoveries and advances in technology (evidence base) on which personilised nutrition interventions can be developed;
* To provide opportunities for participants to gain hands on experience of the design of personlised nutrition interventions targeted at specific population groups/conditions.
Beside lectures, participants will work in groups to design personaled nutrition interventions for particular target groups/conditions, after which the results will be presented the next day.
The key-note lecturers are Hannelore Daniel (Technische Universität München) and John Hesketh (Newcastle University)
Other lecturers are:
* John Mathers, Georg Lietz, Hyang-Min Buyn and Dianne Ford (Newcastle University)
* Lorraine Brennan (University College Dublin)
* Carlos Celis-Moralis (University of Glasgow)
* Baukje de Roos (University of Aberdeen)
More information about NuGO grants will be made available on the course website and in the next NuGO newsletter of February.